Monday, April 05, 2010

Health Insurance for Foreign Nationals, Worldwide

I have been looking for good health insurance coverage for a very long time. With my German background and living experience, the US health insurance system was always challenging to understand and accept. Even with the newly passed health insurance reform, there are many gaps in coverage and cost that simply do not compare to what I know about insurance in my home country and other places in the world.

As a small business owner I also explored group insurance, something that requires 4+ employees to be worthwhile. Finally, the relationship of premium and deductable was simply amazing to me. My last coverage had a $5000 deductible, a monthly premium of over $300 and many exclusions.

I finally found a great coverage from a European based company. They insure worldwide and only insure foreign nationals, i.e. people who are not living in their country of citizenship. Fitting the profile I have signed up and am extremely happy with my coverage. In fact I am so happy, that I am writing about it and offer the insurance to those who are interested.
There are straight forward deductibles, the one I selected is extremely low ($125) and the coverage excellent. There are also no pre-existing condition exclusions and the carrier will not drop you. Furthermore, this company offers a few simple affordable perks, such as disability insurance, dental and personal liability.

If you are fed up with eh US health insurance system and/or are in search of a new provider, or know someone else that fits the profile, give me a call @ 786.556.3118 or email me.

Sebastian Eilert, AIA, LEED AP.
SeasbtianEilert@gmail.com

No comments: